Thursday, June 5, 2014

Calgon Take Me Away!!

June 5, 2014

My stress level today is through the roof.  I am on the verge of a panic attack. 

First, my son only has until 11:59 p.m. tomorrow to complete some make up work for school.  If he doesn't finish it, he is in danger of having to retake 1 semester of Algebra and 1 semester of Chemistry.  If the Fall and Spring semester grades were averaged, he would be golden.  He did really well during the Fall semester.  But he is cutting it close this time.  And, of course, the teachers' are scrambling to grade everything, so many of the assignments that have been turned in haven't been graded yet. Ulcer, here I come!

Second, my husband calls me today to tell me the new Rx his doctor put him on is $144 for a 3 month supply.  This floored me because most of his prescriptions are $5 or less.  I wasn't prepared for this, but I transferred the money over (thank God we had it--it was earmarked for something else, but it was there).  The reason this has me so stressed is because I just started seeing a chiropractor at $759 for 3 months!  Plus we have had a lot of medical bills lately and the $1500 deductible and $6000 out of pocket are getting hit hard.  But it will be ok. God always makes a way.  There are so many that are so much worse off then me.

Third, my doctor put me on a Prednisone burst, which is making me extremely irritable.  Thankfully, the hunger pains haven't kicked in yet, but I'm giving it time.

Finally, work is crazy! I'm not going to go into details, but I spend most of the work day with a headache.   I am very grateful I have a job, but I am so overwhelmed right now.  But this too shall pass.

I'm glad I have a Heavenly Father I can turn to in times of stress.   I know I won't have a nervous breakdown or get an ulcer...although it surely feels like it is coming on!!  I know "all things work together for those who love the Lord" Romans 8:28.  I know everything will work out for the best in the end.  I just need to breathe and maybe take a bubble bath.   I wonder if Calgon can really "take me away"? Hawaii would be nice this time of year!   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment