Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Get Out Of My Way!!!

June 4, 2004

So, I mentioned before that I commute 90 miles daily to work.  Because of this, I experience a great deal of angst.  I don't want to say that I have road rage, however.....well....I have road rage.  My name is Tammy and I have road rage.  There-I admitted it.  I don't experience road rage to a violent degree, but one to which I think a whole lot of swear words on a daily basis.

One of my biggest pet peeves is getting behind vehicles that shouldn't even be on the road.  Well, at least in my opinion they shouldn't.  For example:  unless a horse and buggy can go 55 mph, they shouldn't be on roads with a posted speed limit of 55 mph.  First, they are a danger to themselves and anyone else on the road.  Even when you are driving the posted speed limit, it is easy to come around a corner or pop over a hill and...OMGosh!  Slam on the brakes!!!...there's a horse and buggy!  I have almost had several heart attacks, not to mention close calls, due to this scenario.  Second, it is my understanding that the Amish do not pay taxes and therefore are not helping to pay for these roads.  If they aren't helping fund the roads, then those dastardly horse hooves should not be allowed to help destroy them.  PA weather does that well enough, thank you very much!  Finally, horse poop! Need I go on?

Another pet peeve is when people drive in the passing lane below the posted speed limit.   If you are in the passing lane, you are to be passing.  If you are just driving in the lane because you like to drive on the left hand side of the road, move to England!  Seriously.  It drives me crazy when people hang in the passing lane going slower than the speed limit.  I can't tell you how many times I have gotten behind someone that is going slower than the traffic in the driving lane and they won't move over.  BEEP BEEP...get out of my way you *&*(Y*(&!)&*^&^&^&!!!!!!    Gulp...sorry God! I know I need to guard that tongue of mine!!!

And I've saved the best for last...YIELDING.  Yielding does not mean speeding up and forcing your way into traffic.  Yielding means to back off until it is safe to pull into traffic.  When people fail to yield, I want to....never mind, we won't go there. And don't even get me started on MERGING.

Well, that's enough for now.  I'm sure I'll have more to share on this subject at a later date.




No comments:

Post a Comment