Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I Need To Get a Life/My One Direction Obsession Is Out Of Control!

February 18, 2015

I seriously need to get a life!  I am spending waaaaaayyyyy too much time looking at all things One Direction on the internet.  I am way too old for all the drama on Twitter! The only music I've been listening to on my IPOD is from "Up All Night", "Take Me Home", "Midnight Memories", and "FOUR".   If I'm not at work or doing something for my family, I'm online checking out social media, Pinterest, and YouTube.  I even joined Ask.fm.  I've got...."NO CONTROL".....(1D song, for those non-Directioners). 

But they are sooooooo cute and funny and talented....and did I mention cute?  If you don't believe me, just look......

GUYS HELP. WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO THE ONE DIRECTION CONCERT TOMORROW? I DONT HAVE ANY 1D SHIRTS


But I really, truly need to dial it down.  I have closets that need cleaned out, books that need read, a class that needs finished...so much to do....but nothing I really WANT to do.  That is my biggest problem.  My One Direction Obsession has been filling a void for me.   I'm 44.  I already had my college experience, my dating days, my wedding, my child (he is 17 going on 30 and really doesn't seem to need me anymore ((unless he is hungry, of course))), my career---I just don't feel I have anything else to look forward to for a long time.  I don't want to say that I feel my life is over, but all the things that made me look forward to the future have been done.  What now?  Yes, I am looking forward to grandchildren but not for a long, long, long, L O N G time.  So this has been something to fill that void. And I don't want to give it up because it makes me happy.  But I really need to find something else to fill my time so I'm not so controlled by it.  I have that obsessive/compulsive personality that latches onto 1 thing and that is all I want to do.  I just isn't healthy.

I wish I could put as much energy into exercising as I do to 1D.  I really wish I could focus all my enthusiasm, interests, and time into a healthy vessel.  But who wants to do that?

I'm going to have to try to find a different outlet.  While I am not ashamed of loving One Direction, I am embarrassed about the amount of time I spend on them.  And to what purpose?  So, while I'm not going to give up my fandom or quit them "cold turkey", I am going to try to tone it down a bit.

But first....one last picture...

One Direction Valentine's Day Cards: Celebrate the Love With 1D | Cambio


See why I can't help myself???


It’s our labor force’s frowny face.




No comments:

Post a Comment