Friday, February 6, 2015

Wish I Were There #OneDirection#OnTheRoadAgain

February 6, 2015

One Direction's On The Road Again tour kicks off in Sidney, Australia on February 7th. All I can say is that I wish I were there.  A year ago, I never would have even thought about listening to 1D, let alone attending a concert, but now I can't get enough.

I truly wish I could convince more of my peers to give their music a chance.  This is not a typical boy band, wearing matching outfits and dancing in sync.  These are extremely talented young men that keep getting better with age.  My only regret is that I didn't give them a chance sooner.

As I mentioned in previous posts, the first 1D song I ever heard was "One Thing".  I really liked it and was surprised when I learned who the artists were.  The next song I heard was "Story of My Life", which quickly became my favorite song for a time.  It was then that I started clicking on YouTube videos and fell in love with the band itself.

The story of how the band was formed and quickly skyrocketed in popularity continues to fascinate me.  The bond of friendship they formed touched my heart and I really enjoy watching clips of their early interviews.  What charmers!  And they are all extremely handsome, which never hurts.

But back to the music.  I recently bought all 4 albums..."Up All Night", "Take Me Home", "Midnight Memories" and "Four".  I love them all.  Unfortunately, when I ordered them from Amazon, I didn't realize I wasn't purchasing the extended cut albums.  Darn it!  I love so many of the songs, but my favorites are "Don't Forget Where You Belong", "You & I", "Little Things", "Story of My Life", "Fool's Gold", "18", and "Ready to Run".  There is only 1 song that I rarely listen too, "Little Black Dress", and even that isn't horrible.  There is just so much fun and energy in the songs.  I said it before and I'll say it again...there music makes me feel young again.  I can listen to it all day and not get tired of it.  I even achieved a small victory the other night when my son admitted that while he doesn't particularly like One Direction, he had "to admit their songs are catchy as hell!".   I might actually convert him into a 1D fan, yet.  Probably not, but a girl has to dream.

The "You & I" video is amazing. It is up for a Brit Award and I'm really hoping it wins.  It I love the way the lads transform into one another.  The "Story of My Life" is another great video.  Viewers actually get to see various members of each band mates' families and childhood pictures.  Very touching.  Other videos are absolutely hilarious....racing hover rounds, character acting, etc.  These guys are multi-talented.  Which is why it so annoys me when people belittle them.  

I'd highly recommend watching the "1D This is Us" movie.  Very interesting, as are the books "Who We Are" and "Where We Are".   Possibly,  if you give them a chance, you'll like them as much as I do.

One Direction 2013 Wallpaper | High Definition Wallpaper Collection | High Definition Wallpapers ,High Definition Backgrounds
For more One Direction pics, interesting facts, etc, check out my Pinterest board at https://www.pinterest.com/missmuffet42/one-directionmy-guilty-obsession/.

No comments:

Post a Comment