Thursday, February 19, 2015

What A Loser!...I Hope

February 19, 2015


Overweight People

I have struggled with my weight my entire life.  I remember going on my first diet at 8 years of age.  Yes, you read that right.  I was 8 years old and 30 lbs overweight.  My love/hate relationship with food has been an on going battle and I've had a constant uphill struggle with trying to lose weight.

In 2005 I joined Weight Watchers.   I lost 75 lbs before hitting a plateau, getting frustrated, and gaining all that back plus a whole lot more.  I hated myself.  But the more I got upset about my weight the more I ate.  It was a vicious cycle.  Finally, in 2012,  I hit rock bottom.  After a lot of soul searching and prayer, I decided to have gastric bypass surgery.  On August 21, 2012, I went under the knife.  I lost a total of 169.1 lbs so far.  

Unfortunately, though, my stress level throughout the last year has been at an all time high, and I find myself falling back into old habits.  The weight has started to creep on a again.  So, last night, I decided to join Weight Watchers Online Plus.  And I have to admit, I'm really excited about it.

I spent hours online last night familiarizing myself with the website and the mobile app.  The mobile app is incredible. You can actually scan bar codes on prepackaged food items and the app will tell you how many points the item is worth.  Not all products are in the system, but most of what I have tried scanning have been included.

I'm feeling really positive about this.  I already have the tools I need to get back on track.  And I'm finally feeling the motivation again.  Now I just need to get excited about exercising.  That might take awhile.

But I'm hoping with a lot of prayers and determination, I'll be a real loser again soon.  Wish me luck!!!




1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking you won't need luck.. so I will wish you success instead. One day at a time. You can do it. I know you can. But the day to start is today, not tomorrow or next week. Wanting to is half the battle.

    ReplyDelete