Thursday, August 13, 2015

Day 4: #Whole30

August 13, 2015




It is Day 4 and I'm feeling fine.  Not sure if it is because I'm eating healthy and staying on track or because I had the day off work. Maybe a combination of both.  But my caffeine headache has yet to make an appearance today, which is awesome.

I had an appointment this morning and because I'm eating so many more fruits, nuts and vegetables lately, which is causing certain....ummm...issues, I decided it was in my best interest to stick with 2 small bananas for breakfast.  I know I know. I'm supposed to have proteins, but I was nervous about my appointment, so my stomach just wasn't up for eggs.  And because of the "issue", I didn't think nuts were a good choice until after the meeting.  So bananas it was.  Surprisingly, they kept me full.

I finally ate something more substantial for lunch around 1:00 p.m.  I got a chicken chopped salad at Subway:  grilled chicken, lettuce, spinach, tomatoes and cucumbers.  When I got home, I added sliced almonds and oil/vinegar dressing.  Yum.  It wasn't until after I got home that I realized that I failed to ask how the grilled chicken was prepared.  It looks like it was just grilled chicken without any added oil, so hopefully that was the case.

I did have another small banana later in the day.  I really have to find something that I can have handy and ready when I need something small and quick.  Pre-Whole30, I would have reached for yogurt or string cheese.  Not being able to have dairy is a challenge.  Maybe I'll hard boil some eggs to keep on hand for a snack attack.

Not sure what I'll have for supper tonight.  Last night I did steak tips and cooked cabbage, but I'm really not in the mood for that again tonight.  Maybe I'll just make a salad with the leftover steak tips.  I'll have to think about it.  The nice thing about having salad for supper is that I can pack one for my lunch the next day at the same time.

So I must say, at this point, I'm doing ok.  I really want to get on the scales, but that is a "no no" so I'll "weight" and see.  Lol.  Anxious to see what tomorrow brings.  Hopefully I'll feel even better!



No comments:

Post a Comment