Thursday, August 20, 2015

Days 9, 10, and 11: Bored But Better #Whole30

August 20, 2015

Fortunately, the last 3 days haven't been as rough.   Honestly, I'm still bored with my lack of choices, but I have been so busy that I really haven't cared whether I eat or not.  And that is a major first.  However, I'm not certain if it is just because I've been so busy or if this is Whole 30 at its best.  I guess we shall see.

I accepted a new job offer on Monday.  It is very exciting and I wanted desperately to go out to eat to celebrate.  I really wanted to quit Whole 30 and just start over again in a couple of weeks.  But I didn't and I'm so proud of myself.  My dear friend, Sue, took me out for lunch today and, again, I wanted so badly to go off plan. But I got a grilled chicken salad with oil/vinegar on the side, and it was delicious.  The taste of victory over my desires was even better.  

It will be a challenge to stay on track over the next week as several of my co-workers want to take me out to eat before I leave.  But I'll stick to the plan.  My health is more important then my stomach.  Hey, maybe that should be my new mantra.  I'll get it printed up on some T-shirts.  ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment