Saturday, August 22, 2015

Days 12 & 13: Can I Give Up Yet? #Whole30

August 22, 2015




Unfortunately, the last few days have gone back to being rough.  I don't know if it is the plan, itself, or the stress level in my life.  But I am not happy with this plan at all today.

I know I have too much on my plate (pardon the pun) right now.  Starting a new job on 9/1, my son starting college 8/24, my husband needs hearing aids to the tune of $4500+, the heating element went out in our dryer, Paul's truck needs a new rocker panel, trying to decide on insurance plans, my brother's ongoing health issues, etc etc.  Then, yesterday, I got a call at work that my dad fell and was going to the ER.  Well, he was admitted for observation, which has now extended to a stay until at least Monday, when they can do a nuclear stress test.  They think he has angina, but might need to have a heart cath, stents, or bypass surgery. Dad is terrified.  Mom was to have knee replacement surgery 9/11, but I believe that is going to be put on hold.  So I'm upset and stressed and just want to eat something.  Yeah..I know..its not all about me...but I can't help how I feel.

Going home from the hospital last night, Paul had me drive him to Dunkin Donuts for coffee. He proceeded to eat 2 chocolate iced donuts in front of me.  If that isn't grounds for divorce, I don't know what is!!!

The last thing I want to focus on right now is eating healthy.  But I stuck to the plan today, in spite of my desire to quit.  I only had time for a banana for breakfast, but I got a chicken chopped salad with oil and vinegar at Subway for lunch.  After coming home from the hospital, tonight, I made Paul and Jonathan pulled pork barbeque sandwiches and macaroni and cheese.  I saluted tomatoes, zucchini and mushrooms in olive oil and garlic and poured it over scrambled eggs.  I still want pizza.

So, I hope tomorrow will bring a better attitude.  Cause right now I really want to say screw it and give up.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment